Things you’ll love:
The Adventure Folding electric bike has a removable 11.6AH battery pack cleverly integrated in the alloy frame.
The battery can be easily removed in about 30 seconds – simply open the hinge, fold the bike and then slide the battery out. Charge the battery using the included 240V charger (either within the bike or once you’ve removed it) which features a Battery Management System.
The motor is controlled by the inbuilt computer which senses the revolutions of the crank, so the faster you pedal the more it ‘helps’ you along by using the electric motor to spin the rear wheel for you. For your safety, the motor assistance cuts out as soon as you pull either brake level or stop pedalling. You can also use the thumb throttle to activate the motor without pedalling at all.
Super easy to use display with loads of features.
The major feature of this e-bike is that it easily folds for storage and transport. You do not need any special tools – you simply release the locking mechanism with your hands and then fold the bicycle! Once folded, the bike will fit easily in most medium to large vehicles. By removing the front wheel you can spin the handlebars 90 degrees and this reduces the height of the bike.
Folding e-bikes are ideally suited to city commuters, apartment dwellers or travellers who like to store their bikes in their cars or vans.
There’s no such thing as a headwind on an electric bike!
The technical stuff:
- Battery: 11.6Ah (420Wh) 36-volt Lithium-ion Samsung Cells, weight 2.3kgs, frame mounted with keyed lock
- Range: Approximately 50-90kms, up to 5-hours on assist level 1
- Charger: 2-amp C-tick approved, charge time approx. 6-8 hours from full battery discharge
- Motor: 250 Watt Brushless DC geared rear hub, rear mounting
- Assist Function: Pedal Assist
- Display: Back lit LCD, 7 levels of assist (0 no assist, 6 Pedal Assist)
- Frame: Folding Aluminium
- Gears: Shimano 7 speeds on rear with twist grip shift
- Wheels: 20-inch Double Wall Alloy rims with Stainless steel 13G spokes, front quick release
- Tyres: Schwalbe Big Ben with regular car tyre valve
- Cadence Sensor: Enclosed type
- Seat: Comfort seat with quick release clamp for easy height adjustment
- Handlebars and stem: Alloy, folding
- Front Forks: Suspension type
- Kick stand: Alloy, centre mount
- Weight: 20.2 including battery (2.3kgs)
- Pedals: VP Folding
- Brakes: Tektro, cable operated with alloy levers featuring integrated power cut outs and bell