TRIOBIKE TAXI: AN ELECTRIC COUCH ON WHEELS!
Urban mobility is not only for young and dynamic people living in cities, for trioBike mobility has no age.
TRIOBIKE designed the new taxi to fulfill the dream of Cycling Without Age, which is the right for everyone to feel the wind through your hair. We contribute to the leading international movement where volunteer pilots offer bike rides for the elderly. Since 2012, this has given all ages the opportunity to enjoy the sense of freedom, the wind rush through your hair and to enhance quality of life in ways only a bike ride can offer. Learn more about Cycling Without Age here.
The new trioBike taxi is easy to ride, steer and comfortable for rider and passenger. It is designed to be practical and stylish at the same time. It’s primarily designed to carry adults, especially elderly people but also anyone with mobility issues. With 90 cm of inner width, the passenger seat is among the most spacious on the market. Its ergonomic design ensures a very relaxed sitting position as well.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR EVERYONE
Furthermore, the box-module also has an easy and ergonomic access. The removable middle plate allows people with walking difficulties to sit down easily on the seat without having to lift their feet, securing a safe entry and exit.
DANISH DESIGN & QUALITY
TRIOBIKE taxi is not a simple taxi bike, it’s a couch on wheels. We designed it focusing on the comfort of the passengers, inspired by some of the most iconic Scandinavian furniture. The front box is made in bent plywood by our German supplier, the same of famous design furniture such as Hans Jørgen Wegner, Ray & Charles Eames and Tadao Ando. Furthermore, the seat is manufactured in Denmark by the same company producing the cushion for Arne Jacobsen’s Egg and Swan. Therefore, you can expect a soft and comfortable seat, which is easy to clean and maintain.
SPACE FOR YOUR THINGS
The new TRIOBIKE taxi also has a big and spacious storage box beneath the seat with a volume of 70 litres.
SUNNY OR RAINY, IT DOESN’T MATTER
The hood is permanently attached to the bike. It’s easy to fold when the sun is shining and fast to unfold if the weather is changing.
The many windows ensure a great view when the hood is unfolded. The fabric is water resistant and colour steady.
SAFETY FIRST AND FOREMOST
Safety is guaranteed by the presence of two seat belts, one per passenger. The seat belts can be plugged together to carry one person, sitting in the centre of the seat.
HEAVY LOAD, LIGHT EFFORT
Thanks to the e-power system from Danish company Promovec, the new TRIOBIKE taxi is easy and simple to ride, even uphill with two adult passengers on the front.
Promovec is a Danish e-power system manufacturer acknowledged for being one of the best and most reliable e-system on the market. The system is tested in extreme conditions, both under hot and cold weather, which makes it extremely usable in any weather. The battery offers a range up to 40 km pr. charge. It’s also fast and easy to charge, just like a mobile phone.
Features and DIMENSIONS
- Strong and robust design.
- Promovec e-power system.
- Max payload on the front box: 160 kg.
- Overall max payload: 250 kg (rider included).
- Reinforced wheels and hubs.
- Strong and powerful aluminium frame, rust free and rigid.
- Shimano Deore nine exterior gears.
- Tektro-Shimano hydraulic disc brakes on all the wheels.
- The parking lock ensures that the bike doesn’t move when entering or exiting the bike.
- Easy and adjustable saddle– and steering height, everyone within the height of 151 to 205 cm can use the bike.
- Insurance approved Basta lock.
- Puncture resistant tires.
- Warm and waterproof blanket for the passengers.
- Reflectors, bell, and unique vehicle identification number.
- Front and rear lights.
Dimensions and weight:
- Overall length 2250mm
- Overall width 1060mm
- Height with canopy up 1600mm
- Height to top of handlebars 1300mm
- Front box inner width: 90 cm.
- Operational weight of only 53 kg (included e-power system).