The VeloPlus wheelchair transport bike is designed for transporting people, who can remain seated in their own wheelchair, by cycle.
The passenger is not required to be transferred between the wheelchair and the cycle. The co-rider can be wheeled on to the front tray of the cycle easily without having to be lifted.
The tilted ramp makes it easy to roll the wheelchair on to the bike and fasten it properly with the wheelchair lock.
The low positioning of the chair on the cycle makes the ride easier and gives a lower centre of gravity. The widely placed and tight turn circle ensure a reduced turning radius and hence, stability.
There are a variety of options available for the Velo Plus including uprated payload (200kg), frame colours, and larger battery’s.
Standard model comes with Silent HT 250 watt Motor, 8 speed derailleur, 52cm frame, matt grey / teal frame colour and the 140kg Passenger payload limit.
- Automatic battery lights
- Hydraulic brakes front
- V-brakes rear
- Drifter gel saddle
- AXA defender lock
- Environmentally friendly paint
- Parking brake
- Wheelchair lock
- Hip belt
- Wheelchair fixation
- Wheelchair protection
- Five year manufacturers guarantee on frame
- Bike weight 64kg
- Dimensions 253cm long x 110cm wide
- Maximum rider weight 110kg
- Maximum payload weight 140kg (passenger plus wheelchair)
- Wheelchair user can sit in her or his wheelchair
- Easy to load a wheelchair on it due to the tilted ramp
- Suitable for majority of wheelchair designs
- Steered front wheels for a short turning radius
- Stable and safe
- Easy to use
- Wheelchair is easy and safe to lock onto the platform