The Dyson Hard Tail Mixte is built to the same high specifications as the Hard Tail Evo, however with its lower top tube, smaller frame and slightly elevated handlebars this e-bike is perfect for riders under 5 foot 5 in.
The Mixte’s design retains the ‘easy mount and dismount’ of a traditional step through frame … the perfect bike for city or trail riding for everyone!
Some of the things you’ll love:
- Comfort riding with its upright seating position and higher and wider handlebars.
- It’s super quiet! The high specification DAPU motor is quieter, stronger and is fitted with a Shimano cassette providing a crisper gear shift and reliability.
- You can charge portable devices on the go (such as your mobile or camera) using the USB charge port located in the LCD display.
- No-one knows you’re riding an electric bike! Our unique design integrates the battery in the frame for a smoother, cleaner look.
- 27.5-inch Alex rims fitted with oversize Kenda tyres make the Evo suitable for mixed surfaces, from paved roads to dirt tracks.
- Ride further – Packed with 50 high quality Panasonic 18650 cells you have the option of 11 or 15AH of reserve capacity – giving you well over 100km of range.
You CAN exercise if you wish to.
With the custom software the bike has the ability to provide a wider range of assistance from the mild mannered performance of just 70 Watts in assist level 1, right through to the hill flattening ability of level 6 all at the push of a button.
All modes provide assistance up to the legal limit of 27 kph. The other benefit of the ultra low power mode is extended running time, with a minimum of 7 hours of assistance in level 1*
The technical stuff:
- Battery: 11Ah (400Wh) or optional 15Ah (540Wh) 36-Volt Lithium-ion Panasonic Cells, Frame mounted lockable weight 3.4 and 3.6 kgs respectively
- Range: Approximately 50-100km with the 11Ah (400Wh) or 70-150km with the 15Ah (540Wh), ride for 7+ hours in assist level 1 with 15Ah battery
- Charger: 2-amp C-tick approved, charge time approx. 6-8 hours from full battery discharge
- Motor: DAPU High torque 250Watt motor
- Assist Function: Pedal Assist
- Display: Back lit LCD with USB Charging port, 7 levels of assist (0 no assist and 6 PAS levels), power meter, battery charge indicator, trip functions
- Gears: 9 speed Shimano Alivio with Shimano HG cassette 11-32T, Single 46T Front Chain wheel
- Wheels: Alex DP21 27.5” Double wall Alloy rims with Sapim Stainless steel spokes on rear, Kenda 2.1 Tyres, front quick release
- Cadence Sensor: Enclosed type
- Seat: Comfort seat, alloy adjustable 30.9mm x 350mm seat post with quick release clamp
- Riser Handlebars and Stem: Alloy 680mm swept, 70mm stem
- Front forks: Suntour XCM 30, adjustable with lock out
- Weight: 24.9 kgs including 11Ah battery (3.4kgs) or 25.1 kgs with 15Ah battery (3.6kgs)
- Studs to mount fabric drink bottles near handlebars
- Pedals: Alloy
- Brakes: Tektro – 180mm disc rotor, cable operated on the 11Ah, Hydro on the 15Ah with alloy levers featuring integrated power cut outs
- Kick stand: Heavy duty centre mount.
*The range on a full charge is affected by the assist level and many external factors, such as the weight of the rider, the terrain and winds.