The 2016 Dyson Bikes 26-inch Foldable Electric Mountain bike sees many improvements on our popular 2015 model. Stylish with minimal graphics this e-bike is definitely one of the more on trend folding bikes on the market.
The 200 Watt motor on the 2016 model means it legally features a thumb throttle for no effort riding, just twist and go! Plus, a 200 Watt motor means your e-bike's power does not cut out at 25 km per hour (as required with 250 Watt bikes). Another benefit of the 200 watt motor is that this model is completely legal and classed as a bicycle in ALL States and Territories of Australia.
The major feature of this ebike is that it easily folds for storage and transport. You do not need any special tools - you simply release the locking mechanism with your hands and then fold the bicycle! Take a look at this video which demonstrates how easy it is to fold.
Dyson Bikes foldable electric bikes are ideally suited to city commuters, apartment dwellers or travellers who like to go riding without carrying bulky equipment in their cars or vans.
There's no such thing as a headwind on an electric bike!
European fully enclosed cadence sensor for smoother response and reliability
- The latest high-quality King Meter WH 527 display is smaller and easier to read than previous versions - and integrates the switches into the mounting for ease of use and protection from rain
- The display features automatically activated backlight (switching on in low light conditions), speed and battery charge indicator, odometer and trip functions
- The frame has an extended rear swing arm for a more controlled ride and a higher quality suspension unit up front with an adjustable SR Suntour XCM front fork
- Higher density Samsung cells are utilised in the battery pack for a standard 10.4AH of reserve power for approximately 50-60 kms of assisted riding
- Dyson use fatter 26-inch Kenda tyres fitted to wider double-walled Alex DP20 alloy rims with stainless steel spokes for improved ride and traction on loose surfaces, as well as increased durability
- The latest Tektro disc braking system (front and rear) ensuring the stopping power is improved and noise is reduced
- A powerful 200-watt integrated electric motor (which is mounted on the rear hub) works directly in conjunction with your pedalling to provide assistance when needed
- An easy to use thumb throttle - accelerate with ease
- The frame is constructed from high grade 6061 T6 aluminium alloy which helps keep the weight low – this model weighs just 22kg’s!
- Rechargeable high-density Samsung 36 volt 10.4 amp hour Lithium-ion battery pack - giving you power for approximately 50-60 km
- Unique locking mechanism which locks the battery into the frame to deter theft
- Rear suspension
- 24 speed Shimano Acera derailleur type gear set is fitted with a triple front chainring and 8-speed cluster on the rear wheel.
- 3 stage intelligent battery charger
- Meets the requirements of Australia laws in all states – no licence required
- Riding range of approx. 50-60km per ride^
^The range on a full charge is affected by many external factors, such as the weight of the rider, the terrain and winds.
OTHER GOOD STUFF TO KNOW:
This Dyson Bikes Folding Mountain electric bike has a removable battery pack cleverly integrated into the alloy frame.
The battery can be easily removed in about 30 seconds - simply open the hinge (once the bike is folded in half) and then slide out.
The battery is charged using the included 240V charger (either within the bike or once you've removed it) and features a Battery Management System.
Spare batteries and chargers are available for purchase separately.
The motor is controlled by the inbuilt computer which senses the revolutions of the crank, so the faster you pedal the more it ‘helps’ you along by using the electric motor to spin the rear wheel for you. For your safety, the motor assistance cuts out as soon as you pull either brake level or stop pedalling.
You can also use the thumb throttle to activate the motor without pedalling at all.
Once folded, the bike will fit easily in most medium to large vehicles. The size of the bike once folded is approximately 105 x 96cm and the height including the handlebars fitted is 60cm. By removing the front wheel you can spin the handlebars 90 degrees and this reduces the height to 40cm.