Briony Jarmin (Yuba Mundo)
Hi Gary - just thought you might be curious as to how we are going with the new wheels. We are loving it!
Thanks for all the help and we will be passing on the word!!!
Steve Barker (Solarbike Conversion)
Just wanted say how much I appreciated all the work you did to my bike. The Solar electric kit is working extremely well and is an absolute joy to use on my rides to/from work. I would highly recommend the kit and your excellent service to anyone.
Andrew Ashton (Zeitbike Longhaul)
Being a keen cyclist, when we had our little baby boy, we spent the first 10 months of his life researching ways for moving him on a bike. We settled on a bike trailer and used it extensively from when he was one year old to when he was two. Then we decided to get a rear bike-seat. We had this until he was 3. By this time, we had another baby and we were keen to find ways to move them both at once. After a lot of research and test rides, we saved up our pennies and went for a Long haul Box-Bike from Gary at Cargocycles. And it has been the best biking/lifestyle choice we have made. I wish we had got it first...
We went for the e-assist model for a number of reasons. I do a lot of riding with our son (and will do with our daughter soon). We do weekly trips to the zoo, the museum, footy at the MCG and visiting friends in neighbouring suburbs. Apart from the odd holiday drive, we are close to car-free. Having the e-assist makes a big difference if you are going to use your cargocycle to go up hills or over 4 or 5 kms at a time. If the e-assist model was not around, I’d still get a box-bike, I’d just sweat a bit more!
Here’s a list of the things we love about our cargocycle:
- Reason number one is that it holds 1, 2, 3 sometimes even 4 kids. Only boxbikes can do that. Many cars can’t!
- Second reason is that “up-front” is so social and fun. We chat as we ride, he “reads” me books, we share observations, I can reach over to give him stuff, I can keep an eye on him/them, he can even sleep in the box (I added some extra seatbelts so he can sleep on the floor).
- Third reason is that it’s two-wheeled so it rides similar to a regular bike. The 3 wheel versions are great for short trips and wide bike paths, but the two-wheelers allow you more range, more manoeuvrability, can fit through tighter spaces and are quicker.
- It’s very good value. About ½ the price of the European models (which, by the way, don't come with all the extras that the cargocycle does – which you need). Sure, its not the Mercedes Benz that the European ones are, but I don't drive a Mercedes car either. I'm confident that the quality is good enough to perform adequately for the course of the bike’s life. So far, so good! Gary also puts solid warranties on his bikes.
- Although initially seeming expensive, I reckon we will pay it off by the time the kids are out of it simply through not using our car for these trips (saving fuel/maintenance costs/parking fees/insurance premiums lower with less car-use, etc).
The only real downside is parking. You need a good sized spot to keep it undercover.
We’ve had a ball in our cargocycle, our little boy really loves it and its just a really fun bike to ride!
I should also mention that Gary has been an exceptional dealer to do business with. We had as many test rides as we wanted and he met us on the weekend to show us around his bikes. He has provided us with enthusiastic after-purchase service too. Thanks Gary!
Ride On Magazine Review (Zeitbikes Longhaul)
Ride on Magazine recently reviewed one of our Zeitbikes Longhaul bikes and gave it an 86% rating.